If you are convicted of a first time simple DUI in Florida, under Florida Statute 316.193, you are subject to the following penalties:
- Fine: Not less than $500 or more than $1000
- Jail: Not more than 6 months
- Probation: 12 Months Maximum
- Driver’s License Suspension: Not less than 6 months or more than 1 year.
- Community Service: 50 Hours generally and Court can allow for a buy out option ($10.00 an hour).
- Mandatory adjudication: under current Florida law you can not seal from your record.
- DUI School and treatment if after evaluation its recommended
- Vehicle Immobilization: 10 Days unless waived by the Court
- Victim Impact Panel
If you have been charged with a DUI in Pinellas County Florida, please call Attorney Oropesa for a free initial consultation. Oropesa can be reached directly at 800-774-9883.